You scratch my back(not quite literally) and I'll scratch yours

Alright. Welcome back everyone, so good to see you!!!!

Continuing where we left off our story but before we do that, in the interest of full disclosure, I would like to inform you that I am using Google Analytics for my blog. Now you might be wondering why am I boring you off with this irrelevant detail. To you perhaps it is but to me it helps me with a lot of useful insights that come directly from you. For example, I get to what part of the blog are you most interested in through a heat map or which link did you guys like most by clicking on it the most so I can find and post more information similar to that. It also tells me if my content is engaging enough or not by showing me the bounce rate i.e. how long did you stay on my blog and checked everything out presented here. I would try to pivot or present information with lower engagement in a different more engaging way if important or else omit it entirely for future if not so relevant.

Okay, so after that long sleep inducing monologue, here we are back to our story. Now that you are at the airport you must do two most important things. Lets talk about students first, they go from passport control straight to get their study permit and work permit. These two documents are the official confirmation of you reaching Canada under your designated program and enable you to pursue your plans. Please make sure you collect your SIN number as well. SIN is Social Insurance Number which is mandatory for some of the most essential services in Canada such as banking and part time job etc. Remember being in a new country comes with its sets of challenges and our job is mitigate most of them preemptively. Doing this at the airport prevents you from taking an additional trip to Service Canada for a process that hardly takes 5 minutes. After these two steps students would then go collect their baggage from the carousel and step out onto the glistening sun, quite literally if  you came in summer and perhaps metaphorically if you arrive during a blaring blizzard. 

For the new immigrants, the process is quite similar till the SIN part where they get their Confirmation of Permanent Residence document signed and stamped for landing date. Once you have your SIN and CoPR, you must now proceed to customs. Since immigrants are generally coming in to settle indefinitely they don't carry all of their belongings at the time of landing. Therefore new immigrants get to fill out goods to follow form at the airport which enables them to bring in valuable belongings such as jewelry and other saving without any tax implications. Once the customs part is complete, repeat the process for the student and beware of the blizzard. Next up, where to stay once you are out on the streets of toronto (quite literally this time). Till then, Adios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the D day